CryptoLiteracy.org is a collaboration between Coinme, CoinDesk, Digital Currency Group and Pantera Capital (“Partners”) aimed at providing resources for crypto education and opportunities to connect with our partners. Coinme (“Company”, “we” or “us”) operates this website and for purposes of this policy, it is the entity with whom you are interacting when you visit or interact with CryptoLiteracy.org.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect your email address that you provide directly to us to receive your quiz results, crypto literacy information, and marketing materials from our Partners.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Website, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Website, such as survey results and related data.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Website, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Website, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Website and your experience, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Website and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to send your results to the Crypto Literacy Quiz and deliver educational and marketing communications from our Partners. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Website;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Crypto Literacy and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Website;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We may share your email address and survey data with our Partners if you agree to receive communications from them.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Crypto Literacy, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
You may opt out of receiving emails from Crypto Literacy and our Partners by following the instructions in those communications.